Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by the lovely The Broke and the Bookish
Where you can answer fun bookish questions!
So this weeks TTT is sort of fun because it’s going to be mixed in with my first Stacking the Shelves on here! It’s like a two for one deal haha. With out further adieu, here are the top 10 books I acquired recently. (That is not all of them but I don’t want to bore you with all the books I got lol).
1) Newt’s Emerald by Garth Nix. The first book I won on Twitter from the awesome Kristina. I haven’t heard too much about it, but it looks cute with magic and everything. Who doesn’t love a girl who can take charge on her own?!
2) Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld. I traded this with the lovely Sarah over on Twitter. Scott Westerfeld is one of my all time favorite authors! His books were one of the first that got me hooked on YA starting with the Uglies series. I adore that series. I’m so glad Sarah was so kind as to trade it with me. Thanks a bunch! ❤
3) Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman. This is my second ARC that I’ve ever gotten from a publisher. I’m not one to really read western type books, but the cover alone caught my attention. I am so pumped to read it! Thank you again Houghton Mifflin Harcourt!
4) Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith. I received this ARC through the publisher as well. Right away the cover caught my eye because look at how beautiful it is. Is it not so beautiful and so detailed. This one seems interesting because the MC can inhabit your body while sleeping. That sounds so awesome and I can’t wait to read it. Thank you Macmillan!
5) The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler. The rest of the books are ones that I bought myself. My second favorite genre is contemporary romance. This book looks like it would be the perfect summer read.
6) Uprooted by Naomi Novik. Since its release, I have heard nothing but wonderful praise for this book. I love dragons, and fantasy, and this seems like it’s a Beauty and the Beast retelling of sorts. I may be wrong but I can’t wait to read it nonetheless!
7) Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry. I love, love, love Katie’s books! Pushing the Limits is one of my favorite contemporary books because who doesn’t love a bad boy with a good heart. This is her new series about a biker gang. I hope I love it just as much.
8) The Glass Sentence by S.E. Grove. This is a middle grade series that I have just heard about. I delve into MG so that I can see what my son likes to read. It looks quite interesting because it’s historical fiction mixed with adventure as the two MC’s search the world for their uncle.
9) Made For You by Melissa Marr. I have not heard too much about this book, but Melissa Marr is one of my favorite authors so I thought I’d give it a shot. It seems like it would be a good mystery thriller that will keep me on my toes.
10) The Fires of Calderon by Lindsay Cummings. This is another middle grade novel that I think my son would quite enjoy. It’s about a boy who has to keep the balance of magic in restore or else things will get very chaotic. I love magical stories!